Car Seat Safety Tips
For more information call (260) 435-7887 (260) 435-7887
- Follow the owner's manual for instructions on proper use.
- Follow the weight limitations recommended by the manufacturer.
- Use a seat that is appropriate for the age and size of the child.
- Use the correct belt path to attach the car seat to the vehicle seat.
- Keep the retainer clip at armpit level on the child. Only one finger should fit between the clip and the child's chest.
- Make sure the seat moves less than one inch when pulled at the base. When installing the seat, place your knee in the seat to add weight.
- Do not use seats that are older than six years or have been in a crash.
- Never buy a used car seat.
- Check to see if the restraint has been recalled. Manufacturers are required to fix problems free of charge. If your seat is recalled, use the seat until you get a new one. It is almost always safer to use the recalled one than to let the child ride with just a safety belt restraint.